The Western Undergraduate Psychology Journal is currently recruiting undergraduate students and graduate students to be part of our editorial board for the 2016-2017 school year. Please see below for details. Applications are due September 26th, 2016.
This is a great opportunity to become familiar with the publishing process, gain experience reviewing academic writing, and improve your own writing skills. (It also looks great on a resume/CV or application to grad school.)
Editors will be tasked with working in pairs to write short reviews of submissions, and may be expected to attend monthly meetings/workshops.
Any undergraduate student enrolled at Western University is welcome to apply, as long as you have:
– an interest in psychology;
– excellent reading, writing and critical thinking skills;
– the ability to adhere to deadlines;
– strong knowledge of APA formatting and scientific writing; and
– the ability to commit approximately 2.5 hours per week from September to April.
To apply, please send the following information to Elizabeth Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
– a copy of your class schedule;
– an unofficial transcript;
– a sample of academic writing; and
– a statement of interest (also stating what area(s) of psychology you are most interested in, as well as what commitments you expect to have next year, such as work, volunteering, clubs, etc.).
Submit your application by September 26th!
We are also looking for graduate students enrolled at Western University to be part of our Graduate Student Editorial Board. As an editor, your role will be to read and review incoming manuscripts in the area of your specialization. Although the work load will vary depending on the number and type of manuscripts we receive, the commitment is expected to be between 0-4 hours per week.
If you are interested, please e-mail Elizabeth Harris at email@example.com and let me know what area of psychology you are studying and what you main areas of expertise are.