The deadline for submissions is January 16th, 2017. Please note that we will not begin reviewing manuscripts until October 2016, but you may still submit in advance.
- All submissions will be submitted to Turnitin and checked for plagiarism. If a significant amount of your paper is flagged, your paper will be automatically rejected. If a minor amount is flagged, you may be asked to reword a section/sections of your paper and resubmit.
- If your manuscript was written for a course assignment, you must request permission from your course instructor and submit the signed Permission Form. If your manuscript was not written for a course, you still need to complete the Permission Form (although you do not need a professor’s signature). Download the form here.
- Please contact us before submitting a paper written for a class lab assignment.
- Official ethical approval is required for all research projects involving the collection of data from human or animal subjects. Research projects that did not receive official approval are considered “for educational purposes only” and thus cannot be published in the WUPJ. These studies are often conducted for second or third year research courses, and are approved by the instructor of the course. If you are unsure whether official approval was granted, please check with your instructor before submitting. Literature reviews or meta analyses that involve reviewing or analyzing published data do not require official approval.
Guidelines for Submissions
- Your manuscript can be written for any discipline (e.g., Psychology, Sociology, History, etc.) but it must pertain to the study of the brain, mind, and behaviour.
- Authors can be undergraduate students enrolled at any university (not just Western!). Graduates may also submit undergraduate theses or independent study projects if they were written in the previous year.
- The manuscript must be your original work. All sources must be credited. The first author must have played a significant role to the design, execution, analysis and writing for this paper. Our Editor-in-Chief will enter your submission to an anti-plagiarism software to verify the originality of your work.
- All co-authors must give permission for the manuscript to be submitted.
- Manuscripts must be between 1,500-8,000 words, including References and Appendices.
- Manuscripts must be in APA format (6th edition).